Sunday, May 26, 2013

Crave Him


Sometimes I just crave being alone with Him. I’m like a kid with a bag of penny candy who wants to hide with the sack of goodness…where no one can interrupt the pleasure of indulgence of the sweet treat. I want to sit in quietness and gaze at the beauty He has created in the vibrant greens of the hillside set against the blue hues of the sky. Where my ears are opened to children’s laughter, neighbors talking, and birds who sing a perfect melody…all created by Him to be enjoyed by me.

But sometimes it is me who gets in the way. I need to learn to take two steps back and look up more often rather than working hard to fulfill  my “to do “ list or my own selfish desires. I disappoint myself, but then again if the focus was on Him to begin with and not me…disappointments would be extinct and only His blessings would remain.
 

“The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

He makes  me lie down in green pastures,

He leads me beside quiet waters,

He restores my soul.”

No comments: